Congressional Veteran Commendation (CVC)
2019 Congressional Veterans Commendation (CVC) Background
The Congressional Veteran Commendation (CVC) is a nominations-based program designed to recognize the wartime sacrifices and peacetime community involvement of veterans of the Thirty-third Congressional District of Texas. Honorees show to be exceptional Americans on and off the battlefield.
The 2018 CVC Honorees will be announced and recognized by Congressman Marc Veasey at a special ceremony. They will also have the opportunity to be interviewed for the Veterans History Project through the Library of Congress, should the veterans choose to participate (www.loc.gov/vets/).
- The veteran must currently reside in the Thirty-third Congressional District of Texas. To verify, please visit www.house.gov and enter the veteran’s ZIP code in the box entitled “Find Your Representative.” If you have any difficulties, please contact the number or email below.
- Veteran was active duty in the United States Armed Forces or was a reservist called to active duty.
- Veteran served in the military during WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, and/or Operation New Dawn.
- Veteran retired from the United States Armed Forces or was honorably discharged.
A carefully selected Review Board will review the nominations and make recommendations to the Congressman. Up to five individuals will be named to receive the 33th Congressional District Veteran Commendation for 2016.
Please send the following items, in one cohesive package by October 8, 2019. Please find the mailing information below. This Nomination Form, completed in its entirety. Self-nominations are accepted. Posthumous awards are not available.
- A 1-2 page letter, addressed to Congressman Marc Veasey, which details why you believe the nominee should receive the Thirty-third District’s Congressional Veteran Commendation. The letter should contain as much information as possible about the veteran’s heroism; including any actions that the nominee performed while in the service that you believe are of a commendable nature as well as community involvement thereafter.
- A current photo of the veteran.
- A copy of the veteran’s DD-214.
- Supplemental (optional) items: Copies of photos, military records, news clippings and other two-dimensional memorabilia which help you to tell the story of the veteran’s military and community service. Please limit your nomination packet to three 8.5x11” pages of supplemental materials.
For any questions please contact Tristeza Ordez-Ramirez at Tristeza.Ordex-Ramirez@mail.house.gov or call our Dallas Office at 214-741-1387 or Fort Worth at (817-920-9086).
To turn in your materials by Monday, October 8, please:
-mail them to the Dallas District Office at 1881 Sylvan Ave., Ste. 108, Dallas, TX 75208 or
-mail them to the Fort Worth District Office at 4200 S. Freeway, Ste. 412, Fort Worth, TX 76115
-email them to Daniel.Castro2@mail.house.gov, or
-submit them through fax at 214-741-2026 or 817-920-9322.